The AI(Artificial Intelligence) Scanbody Matching feature allows users to register their scanbody files or import files to the scanbody library so that added scanbodies can be managed and used for automatic scanbody matching. Selected library data is automatically aligned with the scan data when performing scan on the scanbody area, so users don't need to acquire the complete scan data when scanning a scanbody. This feature comes in handy especially when it is difficult to scan a scanbody due to its diffuse reflection or a narrow and deep intraoral space. Also, the scanbody data can be sent to partners for further processing such as design.
[Useful tip] Available features per a form information
The following list shows when the Abutment Library, Scanbody Library, and Margin Line feature are available, depending on a Medit Link's form information type. Make sure that the form information is filled out so as to use the AI Scanbody Matching feature.
- Inlay: Abutment library, Margin line
- Onlay: Abutment library, Margin line
- Crown: Abutment library, Margin line
- Coping: Abutment library, Margin line
- Denture coping: Abutment library
- Implant crown: Abutment library, Scanbody library
- Veneer: Abutment library, Margin line
- Custom abutment: Abutment library, Scanbody library
- Pontic: Abutment library
- Post & core: Abutment library, Scanbody library, Margin line
- Surgical guide: Abutment library
- Bite splint: Abutment library
 How to use
1. Start the Medit Link application, and create a case.
2. Launch the iScan application to scan the case before placing a scanbody.
3. Click the AI Scanbody Matching button, and the command options will appear. Click the Scanbody Library Management button.
4. Scanbody Library Management window overview
- a) The treatment teeth will be automatically listed up based on the form information. Select a scanbody for each treatment tooth.
- b) Delete library: deletes selected libraries from the list.
- c) Add library: adds a new library. (import a scanbody data folder)
- d) Unassign all: restores all the scanbody assignments to the default.
- e) Add to favorites: adds the current library to the favorites tab. Users can easily find frequently used items.
- f) Removes from favorites: removes the selected library from favorites.
- g) Rename: change the library name.
5. Click the Assign button for the selected tooth, and repeat it for all the treatment teeth.
6. Once you have completed scanbody assignment, click Confirm.
7. The assigned scanbody appears on the screen. Perform scanning the scanbody area, and then the scanbody will be aligned to the position automatically.
- When the scanned data from the abutment area is not enough, the automatic alignment might fail. In this case, you can manually align it by using 1 point or 3 point alignment method.
8. The aligned scanbody library data will be saved to the Case Detail and can be sent to a lab when placing an order.
 Command option detail
: Select the tooth number for treatment based on form information.
: Calculates the deviation between library and scanned data, and shows the result through a color map.
Scanbody library management
: On the separate window, you can add/delete libraries and assign/unassign scanbodies for treatment teeth based on case's form information.
: You can align a scanbody manually.