The AI(Artificial Intelligence) Scanbody Matching feature allows users to register their scanbody files or import files to the scanbody library so that added files can be managed and used for automatic scanbody matching. Selected library data can be automatically aligned with the scan data when scanning scanbodies, so users don't need to scan the whole scanbody. This feature comes in especially handy when it is difficult to scan a scanbody due to its diffuse reflection or if an intraoral space is particularly narrow and deep. In addition, the library scan data can be sent to partners for further processing such as design work.
💡The following list shows the form information types which the AI scanbody matching feature is available for. Make sure that the form information is filled out so as to use the AI Scanbody Matching feature.
- Implant crown
- Custom abutment
- Post & core
 How to use
1. Start the Medit Link application, and create a case.
2. Launch the iScan application to scan the case before placing a scanbody.
3. Click the AI Scanbody Matching button, and the command options will appear. Click the Scanbody Library Management button.
4. Scanbody Library Management - overview
a) The treatment teeth will be automatically listed based on the form information. Select a scanbody for each treatment tooth.
b) Delete library: deletes selected libraries from the list.
c) Add library: adds a new library. (import a scanbody data folder)
d) Unassign all: restores all scanbody assignments to the default.
e) Add to favorites: adds the current library to the favorites tab. Users can easily find frequently used items.
f) Remove from favorites: removes the selected library from the favorite tab.
g) Rename: changes the library name.
5. Click the Assign button for the selected tooth, and repeat for all treatment teeth.
6. Once you have completed scanbody assignment, click Confirm.
7. The assigned scanbody will appear on the screen. Scan the scanbody, and the scanbody will be automatically aligned to the position.
- If there are insufficient scan data for the scanbody, automatic alignment may fail. In this case, you can manually align it by using the 1-point or 3-point alignment method.
8. The aligned scanbody library data will be saved in the Case Detail and be sent to the lab when placing an order.
 Command option detail
: Displays the tooth number for treatment based on form information.
: Calculates the deviation between library and scanned data, and shows the result through a color map.
Scanbody library management
: On a separate window, you can add/delete libraries and assign/dismiss scanbodies for treatment teeth based on case's form information.
: You can align a scanbody manually.