The AI(Artificial Intelligence) Abutment Matching feature allows users to register their scanned files or import files to the abutment library so that added files can be managed and used for automatic abutment matching. Selected library data is automatically aligned with the scan data when performing scan on the abutment, so users don't need to acquire the complete scan data when scanning an abutment. This feature comes in handy especially when it is difficult to scan an abutment due to its diffuse reflection or a narrow and deep intraoral space. Also, the library scan data can be sent to partners for further processing such as design.
[Useful tip] Available features per a form information
The following list shows when the Abutment Library, Scanbody Library, and Margin Line feature are available, depending on a Medit Link's form information type. Make sure that the form information is filled out so as to use the AI Abutment Matching feature.
- Inlay: Abutment library, Margin line
- Onlay: Abutment library, Margin line
- Crown: Abutment library, Margin line
- Coping: Abutment library, Margin line
- Denture coping: Abutment library
- Implant crown: Abutment library, Scanbody library
- Veneer: Abutment library, Margin line
- Custom abutment: Abutment library, Scanbody library
- Pontic: Abutment library
- Post & core: Abutment library, Scanbody library, Margin line
- Surgical guide: Abutment library
- Bite splint: Abutment library
 How to use
1. Start the Medit Link application, and create a case.
2. Launch the iScan application to scan the case.
3. Place the abutment and scan it, and then click the AI Abutment Matching button. The command options will appear, and click the Abutment Library Management button
- The AI Abutment Matching feature becomes available when the system recognizes the existence of the case's scan data.
4. Abutment Library Management window overview
- a) The treatment teeth will be automatically listed up based on the form information. Select the abutment for each treatment tooth.
- b) Delete library: deletes selected libraries from the list.
- c) Add library: adds a new library. (Compatible formats: STL, OBJ, and PLY)
- d) Rename: change a library name.
- e) Unassign all: restores all the abutment assignments to the default.
5. Click the Assign button for the selected tooth, and repeat it for all the treatment teeth.
6. Once you have completed abutment assignment, click Confirm.
7. The assigned abutment appears on the screen. Perform scanning the abutment area, and the the abutment will be aligned to the position automatically.
- When the scanned data from the abutment area is not enough, the automatic alignment might fail. In this case, you can manually align it by using 1 point or 3 point alignment method.
8. The aligned abutment library data will be saved to the Case Detail and be sent to a lab when placing an order.
 Command option detail
: Select the tooth number for treatment based on form information.
: Calculates the deviation between library and scanned data, and shows the result through a color map.
Abutment library management
: On the separate window, you can add/delete libraries and assign/unassign abutments for treatment teeth based on case's form information.
: You can align a scanbody manually.