The AI(Artificial Intelligence) Abutment Matching feature allows users to register their scanned files, or import files to the abutment library so that added files can be managed and used for automatic abutment matching. Selected library data can be automatically aligned with the scan data when scanning on abutments, so users don't need to scan the whole abutment in order to acquire a complete scan data. This feature comes in especially handy when it is difficult to scan an abutment due to its diffuse reflection or if the the intraoral space is particularly narrow and deep. In addition, the library scan data can be sent to partners for further processing such as design work.
💡The following list shows the form information types which the AI abutment matching feature is available for. Make sure that the form information is filled out so in order to use the AI Abutment Matching feature.
- Denture coping
- Implant crown
- Custom abutment
- Post & core
- Surgical guide
- Bite splint
 How to use
1. Start the Medit Link application, and create a case.
2. Launch the iScan application to scan the case.
3. Place the abutment and scan it. Click the AI Abutment Matching button and the command options will appear. Click the Abutment Library Management button
- The AI Abutment Matching feature becomes available when the system recognizes the existence of the case's scan data.
4. Abutment Library Management - overview
- a) The treatment teeth will be automatically listed based on the form information. Select the abutment for each treatment tooth.
- b) Delete library: deletes selected libraries from the list.
- c) Add library: adds a new library. (Compatible formats: STL, OBJ, and PLY)
- d) Rename: change a library name.
- e) Unassign all: restores all the abutment assignments to the default.
5. Click the Assign button for the selected tooth, and repeat for all the treatment teeth.
6. Once you have completed abutment assignment, click Confirm.
7. The assigned abutment will appear on the screen. Scan the abutment area and the abutment will be automatically aligned to the position.
- If there is insufficient scan data for the abutment area, automatic alignment may fail. In this case, you can manually align it by using the 1-point or 3-point alignment method.
8. The aligned abutment library data will be saved to the Case Detail and sent to the lab when placing an order.
 Command option detail
: Displays the tooth number for treatment based on form information.
: Calculates the deviation between library and scanned data, and shows the result through a color map.
Abutment library management
: On a separate window, you can add/delete libraries and assign/unassign abutments for treatment teeth based on the case's form information.
: You can manually align a scanbody.