The Occlusion Analysis feature analyzes the interference between the maxilla and mandible and shows the analysis result with a color map. Before scanning, if you highlight occlusal contacts using an articulating paper, you can check proper occlusion together with the Occlusion Analysis feature.
 How to use
1. Go to the Tools section and click the Occlusion Analysis button.
2. iScan analyzes the interference and shows the result with the color map as shown in the screenshot below.
- Change the viewing style between Show All and Contact Area by clicking the Color Deviation button.
- Change the segmentation of color range using the Resolution slider bar.
 Command option detail
You can change the resolution of the color range by using the slider bar.
2. Acceptable tolerance
You can set the acceptable tolerance range adjusting the color bar. If a deviation value is within the tolerance range, it will be displayed in green.
3. Switch view style
: Change the viewing style between opened jaws and closed jaws.
4. Switch deviation style
: Change the color deviation style between Show All and Contact Area.
Check the deviation value
When you move the mouse over the colored area of the 3D model, the system will show the numerical value of deviation.
- When maxilla and mandible have an interference, the deviation is a positive value.
How to read results
- When there is interference between maxilla and mandible, the deviation value is positive and displayed in shades of blue. Switch deviation style > Contact area will only show positive deviation values.
- Switch deviation style > Show All will show all deviation values. The negative deviation values mean no interference between maxilla and mandible.