❏ PC type and operating system (OS)
- Either a desktop or laptop will work. Both will allow you to operate the Medit intraoral scanner using the scan image acquisition software, Scan for Clinics.
- Microsoft Windows 10 Pro is recommended. The Medit Link application and the scan image acquisition program are developed and tested based on the latest version of Windows 10 Pro.
❏ CPU, RAM, and Graphics card
For the detailed system requirements for your Medit intraoral scanner, see the following documents.
Click the link below and check If your desktop PC or a laptop can run your i500/i700 scanner reliably referring to the Frame Per Second(FPS) level.
❏ Storage and cloud
- NVMe or SSD is recommended to ensure fast and sustained read-write speed.
- If you partition the disk for OS, after installing the Medit Link application, select the storage disk in which scan data will be stored.
- When your PC is running out of room, you can free up the drive space by cleaning up the data created by using the Medit Link application. To find out more, see this article: Disk cleanup
💡 Not only computer speed but also your internet speed also matters.
- We do not have a set minimum speed requirement as there are external factors that can affect the network speed. As a general rule, the Medit Link application connected to your network should have a stable network connection of 10Mbps (both upload and download) at a minimum. However, to ensure a smooth upload and download of large scan data, at least 25Mbps is required.