Is there a way to scan and use a triple tray (bite impression) and stone models in one case?
The "Medit Scan for Labs" program does not support a dedicated workflow that allows a triple tray (bite impression) and gypsum model to be scanned in one case. However, you can use the following methods to achieve it.
1. First up, scan the triple tray, align the data, and then complete it. Now you have the scan data for maxillar and mandible.
2. Launch the "Medit Design" app and import those maxillar and mandibular scan data acquired from the triple tray.
3. Move to the "Edit" mode and choose "Boolean > Union." Combine the maxillar and mandibular scan data.
4. Move to "Complete" and export the combined data.
5. Create a new case with the strategy of scanning maxillary and mandibular stone models.
6. Import the combined mesh file of the triple tray into the "Occlusion" stage. Align manually the stone model's maxillary and mandibular scan data with the imported mesh file of the triple tray.
7. Complete the case.