Do I need to run "Optimize" in every scan step?
It is not necessary to "Optimize" each scan step. After completing the scan case, the "Medit Scan for Clinics" program automatically applies the "Optimize" function to all acquired scan data to align the data.
- Aligns the acquired 3D scan data.
- The optimization process removes all noisy data from the acquired scan data.
In the following cases, you can use the "Optimize" feature when the scan data failed to align while scanning.
- Use the "Optimize" feature while scanning a denture to remove noisy data and align the scan data.
- If you encounter double-layered data (Misalignment) and are unable to continue the scan, use the 'Optimize' feature to align the data.
- If there is still insufficient data in the metal prosthetic area, use the "Optimize" feature to properly align the acquired scan data, then scan again.