Manual Pairing (⚠︎ Available only with i700 wireless)
The i700 wireless system has information about the transmitter mounted on the scanner and the receiver on the wireless hub. The scanner is designed to automatically try to pair with the registered wireless hub when it is turned on.
However, manual paring is required to register new device information.
When using a single hub,
- Manual pairing is required to pair with a replacement hub.
When using multiple hubs,
- Manual pairing is required to pair with additional hubs.
How to Pair Manually
1. Connect a replacement hub or new hub with your computer or laptop.
💡Make sure the LED on the hub is blinking.
💡The scanner must be turned off to start pairing.
2. Go to Control Panel > Device Manager on your computer and check if the following two items appear on the list.
- Medit Device > Medit i700 wireless
- Port (COM & LPT) > Medit Controller
3. Connect a new wireless hub that has never been paired to your computer before and run the "Medit Scan for Clinics" program. Then a manual paring wizard titled "Pairing New Scanner" appears.
- If the wizard does not appear automatically, go to Menu > About > Pair New Scanner.
4. Select Single Hub or Multiple Hubs according to the number of hubs you wish to use.
- Single hub: Register a scanner to a single wireless hub. (i.e., when you pair it with a replacement hub)
- Multiple hubs: Register a scanner to multiple wireless hubs. (i.e., when you pair it with a newly added wireless hub)
5. Turn the scanner on and click "Next."
6. First hold down the scanner's Control button, then press the Scan button at the same time. When the scanner's LED blinks quickly, release your finger from both buttons. Click the "Pair" button on the screen. The scanner starts to pair with the hub.
7. Try not to disturb the communication between the scanner and the hub while trying to pair. Be sure not to remove the scanner battery or disconnect the hub from your PC.
8. The "Pairing successful!" message appears when the manual pairing process completes as follows.
💡You may see the failure message when the connection is unstable or when the scanner fails to pair with the hub. In this case, you need to restart manual paring from the beginning.
9. When pairing is done, click "Complete" to close the dialog and check the scanner status at the bottom left.