The trimming tool comes with a number of tools for editing data.
Various tools at the bottom of the window can be used to edit the selected 3D mesh data.
Toolbox > Selection tools
Smart teeth selection
- Used to select all teeth in the arch automatically, excluding the gingiva region.
- Only scan data acquired by Medit Scan for Clinics with the "USE GPU" option enabled is available for this function.
Smart single tooth selection
- Used to select the area of a single tooth without including the gingiva region. On the tooth, click, press, and drag the mouse.
- Used to select all data entities situated within a polyline shape drawn on the screen.
- Used to select all entities on a freehand-drawn path on the screen. Only the front face will be selected. The brush comes in three different sizes.
After you've chosen a data area,
Shrink selected area
- This button is used to shrink the selected area each time you press it.
Expand selected area
- When you press the button, it expands the selected area.
Invert selected area
- To invert the selection, use this command.
- Selection / Deselection
- When turned on, this function deselects the selected area using a variety of selection tools.
Clear all selection
- It's used to clear all of the areas you've chosen.
Delete selected area
- To delete data from a selected area, use this command.
How to edit data
Select a region of the data that you want to edit using various tools.
- "Polyline" selects all entities within a screen-drawn polyline shape, whereas "Brush" only selects the front face data.
1. Press the "Invert Selected Area" button to invert the selection.
- Using the "Shrink Selected Area" and "Expand Selected Area" tools, you can shrink or expand the selected areas.
2. Click the "Delete Selected Area" button.
Shrink the selection
Expand the selection