❏ Why is it necessary to calibrate on a regular basis?
- Calibration is required on a regular basis in order to develop correct 3D models.
- You may set the calibration period in the Medit Scan for Clinics > Menu > Settings > Calibration Period (Days).
❏ When should calibration be done?
- The quality of the 3D model is not reliable or accurate when compared to previous results.
- Environmental conditions such as temperature have changed.
- The calibration period has expired.
⚠︎ The calibration panel is a delicate component.
- Do not directly touch the panel.
- Check the calibration panel if the calibration process is not performed properly.
- If the calibration panel is contaminated, please contact your service provider.
⚠︎ We recommend performing a calibration periodically.
- You can set the calibration period via Medit Scan for Clinics > Menu > Settings > Calibration Period (Days).
- The default calibration period is 14 days.
❏ How to calibrate the i500
1. Turn on the i500 and launch Medit Scan for Clinics(the image acquisition software).
2. Click “Calibrate” located in the bottom left corner of the window.
3. Prepare the Calibration Tool and the i500 scanner handpiece.
4. Turn the dial of the calibration tool to position (1).
5. Put the scanner handpiece into the calibration tool.
6. To begin the calibration process, click "Next."
7. When the calibration tool is mounted properly in the correct position, the system will automatically acquire the data from position (1).
8. When data acquisition is complete at position (1), turn the dial to the next position.
9. Repeat the steps for positions (2) through (8), as well as the (LAST) position.
10. When data acquisition is complete at the (LAST) position, the system will automatically calculate and display the calibration results.