In Die Creation Mode, you can create individual dies that are detachable from the base model. Customize your dies easily using the numerous options provided, such as die gap, pin height, the extra gap from the margin, etc. There are also additional ways to create dies, such as “Cutout Dies” and “Extra Dies”.
- Add dies to the base.
- Draw the margin line on a prepped tooth.
Adjacent teeth selection
- Select the adjacent teeth instead of using margin lines to create the die.
Set die insertion path from the viewpoint
- Adjust and set the die insertion path from your view direction.
- Delete the current die.
- Add teeth numbers on the dies.
- Create dies that are detachable from the base.
- Create additional dies along with a base with a trimmed margin.
- Customize the die
💡 Save your adjustable options as custom presets for quick access.
- Preview the die before moving to the next step.
1. Form information will be available immediately if you have imported the case from Medit Link. If you want to create individual dies for adjacent teeth, click "Add Die" to open Form Information.
2. In the Form information, select the tooth number you want to create a die for.
3. Use the margin line for prepped teeth and the gingiva line for adjacent teeth when creating the die. Margin line information generated with Medit Scan S/W will be imported.
- Curvature display mode: You can use the toggle to turn the Curvature Display Mode on and off based on your preferences.
- Selection view: You can use the toggle to turn the Selection View on and off based on your preferences.
- Auto creation: Draw your own line using the left mouse button to drag and select the points.
- Manual creation: Used to draw your own line using the left mouse button to drag and select the points.
- Edit: Edit the points on the margin line using your mouse. Left-click to add points, right-click to delete points.
- Delete: Delete the margin line.
- Exit: Exit and return to Die Creation Mode.
4. Engrave teeth numbers on your dies when creating multiple ones. Click "Die Numbering" to automatically itemize the dies with their corresponding tooth number and check results through the preview option.
5. Customize the die in the "Die Option" using the various parameters provided.
- Extra gap from margin: Adjust the extra gap space between the margin line and the base.
- Die horizontal gap: Adjust the horizontal gap between the die and the base.
- Die vertical gap: Adjust the vertical gap between the die and the base.
- Pin height: Adjust the height of the pin.
- Margin trimming depth: Specify the additional depth that needs trimming from the margin line.
- Margin extrusion length: Specify the length of the margin that is extruding.
💡 Each of the dies will be saved separately when saving the output files to Medit Link.
6. Click the "Preview" icon to see the die model in the base.