You can place the occlusal plane in 11 articulators provided by exocad, which can be utilized by exocad's virtual articulator.
💡 Only when the "etc." or "plate" options are selected in the "Scan Strategy."
- Selects the type of articulator where the occlusal plane is placed.
Align with the occlusal plane by three points
- Selects three points on the maxilla or mandible to align with the occlusal plane.
Align with the occlusal plane by four points
- Selects four points on the maxilla or mandible to align with the occlusal plane. It is beneficial when there are no anterior teeth.
Delete marker point
- Used to remove the points that were selected for alignment.
- Used to separate the aligned data and moves it to the original position.
- 3D scan data can be viewed from four sides.
- Exits from the current stage and goes back to the previous stage.
1. Complete the maxilla, mandible, and occlusion scanning and proceed to the occlusion alignment stage.
2. On the occlusion alignment stage, click "Alignment with occlusal plane."
3. Select the articulator and align the maxilla or mandible on the occlusal plane.
4. Alignment with three or four points is available on the occlusal plane. Pick a point between the functional cusps of molars and incisors. If there are no anterior teeth, select points on the corresponding teeth on both sides.
5. Move the arch data on the right side to adjust the position on the occlusal plane. You can adjust it from different angles.
6. On the left icon, select all maxilla and mandible to check the model and/or plane's position.
7. Enable or disable the split-screen mode.
8. When the data is finished and loaded from exocad, the scan data will be in the same place as the virtual articulator.