You had to receive custom abutment files created by tabletop scanners in dental laboratories or even make unnecessary cases in Medit Scan for Clinics to scan the abutment and create 3D data, making it difficult to get proper use out of "AI Abutment Matching."
The Register Abutments feature allows you to scan the patient's abutment directly in their case and register it as a library. Before the implanted fixture is placed in the patient's mouth, scan the abutment first and register it as a library. Then, you can use "AI Abutment Matching" to replace the scan data with the library data.
The following tools are provided for the Register Abutment feature.
- Add abutments.
- You can add via scanning or importing.
Fill holes for abutments on/off
- Turn the toggle on and off to fill holes for abutments while merging.
- Merge scanned or imported abutments.
Fill holes from your viewpoint
- Fill the abutment's hole from the direction you are looking at.
- Reset to undo any changes made to the abutment.
Register in library
- Register the merged abutment in the library. It will be used for that specific case if you check the box.
1. Click the "Smart Shade Guide" tool icon on the Main Toolbar.
2. You will see the above-described tools at the bottom of the screen.
3. Scan the abutment.
4. You can edit the data using the Polyline and Brush Trimming tools when you stop scanning.
5. Click the "+" button below the abutment thumbnail to scan another abutment. You can scan and register up to 6 abutments.
6. After scanning all the abutments, click the "Merge Abutment" button to merge the abutment data for library registration.
7. When the merge is complete, the abutment is displayed on the screen. You can remove the auto-filled or edit the abutment data with Polyline and Brush Trimming tools if necessary.
8. Click the "Register Abutment" button when editing is complete.
9. Enter the name of each merged abutment and click "Confirm."
10. Check if your abutments are successfully added to the library when the Abutment Library dialog appears.
11. Click "Confirm" to close the dialog.