For 3D scanning of video recording, it is important to perform a seamless scanning without losing any focus of the camera during the acquisition of scan data. This process is highly influenced by the proficiency of users and the intraoral condition of the patient. However, this is no longer a problem with "Smart Stitching".
"Smart Stitching" can be applied while scanning in the following stages:
- Pre-Op for Maxilla
- Pre-Op for Mandible
💡 Note: This function is excluded in some functions such as "A.I. Abutment Matching" ,"Impression Scan", and "Relined Denture Scan".
Smart Stitching – How-To Guide
1. The Smart Stitching feature can be enabled or disabled in Menu > Settings.
2. Smart scanning process in the stage described above.
3. If the scanner is placed in a non-contiguous area with the acquiring scan data, new scan data will be acquired.
4. Any scan data acquired first is provided in the form of thumbnails. You can have up to five on the left corner of the screen.
5. If the new area is different from the acquired scan data, new scan data is acquired and the thumbnails of the acquired scan data will be aligned vertically.
6. Stop the scanning process and click the thumbnails to change scan data in the data display area. Thumbnails of scan data that were previously are created and added.
7. Unaligned data can be deleted individually by clicking on the Delete button on the thumbnail. Either it can be deleted altogether by clicking on the Delete All button on the bottom on the bottom of the screen.
8. When the scanner acquires new data in an unaligned scan data area during scanning, it will automatically attempt to align them, and any thumbnails of aligned data will disappear.
9. When it is unaligned scan data still present, exiting is restricted from some scan stages. The following message may appear.
10. Do one of the following to align all scan data:
- Align data by performing an additional scan.
- Align data by using the Manual Alignment feature.
- Delete all or part of the unaligned scan data.
11. When all unaligned scan data becomes aligned, data acquisition is completed as shown below.