- It's critical to do smooth scanning without losing camera focus during scan data collecting. The skill level of the users and the patient's intraoral state have a significant impact on this process. With "Smart Stitching," though, this is no longer an issue.
In the following steps of scanning, "Smart Stitching" can be used:
- Preoperative Maxilla
- Preoperative Mandible
💡 Some functions, such as "A.I. Abutment Matching," "Impression Scan," and "Relined Denture Scan," do not include this function.
How-To Guide for Smart Stitching
1. "Smart Stitching" can be turned on/off at the bottom of the screen.
2. In the above-mentioned stage, begin the scanning procedure.
3. New scan data will be obtained if the scanner is positioned in a non-contiguous location with the obtaining scan data.
4. Any scan data that was obtained first is presented as thumbnails. On the left corner of the screen, you can have up to five.
5. If the new area differs from the previously obtained scan data, new scan data is acquired, and the previously acquired scan data thumbnails are vertically aligned.
6. In the data display area, stop the scanning process and click the thumbnails to alter the scan data. Thumbnails of previously scanned data are produced and inserted.
7. Individually removed unaligned data can be eliminated by clicking the Delete button on the image. It can also be erased in its entirety by selecting the Delete All button at the bottom of the screen.
8. During scanning, if the scanner gets new data in an unaligned scan data area, it will attempt to align it automatically, and any thumbnails of aligned data will vanish.
9. When there is still unaligned scan data present, departing from particular scan stages is restricted. It's possible that the following notice will show.
10. To align all scan data, do one of the following:
- Carry out another scan.
- Make use of the Manual Alignment option.
- Delete all or part of the scan data that isn't aligned.
11. Data acquisition is completed when all unaligned scan data is aligned, as illustrated below.