Reusable Tip > Sterilization
During scanning, the reusable scanner tip is inserted into the patient's mouth. The scanner tip can only be used a certain number of times. To avoid cross-contamination, the scanner tip must be cleaned and sterilized between patients.
- The scanner tip should be manually cleaned with a disinfecting solution. After cleaning and disinfecting, check the mirror inside the scanner tip for any stains or smudges.
- If necessary, repeat the cleaning and disinfection process. Using a paper towel, gently dry the mirror.
- Insert the scanner tip into a paper sterilization pouch and seal it tightly to ensure airtightness. Use a heat-sealed or self-adhesive pouch.
- In an autoclave, sterilize the wrapped scanner tip under the following conditions:
At gravity type > Sterilize for 30 minutes at 121℃(249.8℉) and dry for 15 minutes.
At gravity type > Sterilize for 10 minutes at 135℃(275℉) and dry for 30 minutes.
At pre-vacuum type > Sterilize for 4 minutes at 134℃(273.2℉) and dry for 20 minutes.
- Before opening the autoclaves, use an autoclave program that dries the wrapped scanner tip.
- Scanner tips can be re-sterilized up to 150 times before being discarded as directed in the disposal guide.
- Autoclave times and temperatures may differ depending on the type and manufacturer of the autoclave. As a result, it may be unable to meet the maximum number of times. To determine whether the required conditions are met, please consult the user's manual of the autoclave manufacturer you are using.
Reusable Tip > Cleaning and Disinfection
- After using the scanner tip, immediately clean it with soap water, and a brush. We recommend that you use a gentle dishwashing liquid. After cleaning, ensure that the mirror on the scanner tip is completely clean and stain-free. If the mirror becomes stained or foggy, repeat the cleaning procedure and thoroughly rinse with water. Using a paper towel, gently dry the mirror.
- Disinfect the scanner tip with a MetriCide 30 solution for 60 to 90 minutes. For proper use, please refer to the MetriCide 30 instruction manual.
- Disinfect the scanner tip using Wavicide-01 for 45 to 60 minutes. Rinse the scanner tip thoroughly. Please refer to the Wavicide-01 solution instruction manual for proper use.
- After cleaning and sterilization, remove the scanner tip from the used solution and thoroughly rinse it.
- Dry the mirror and the scanner tip gently with a sterilized, non-abrasive cloth.
- The mirror in the scanner tip is a delicate optical component that must be handled carefully to ensure optimal scan quality. Avoid scratching or smudging it, as any damage or blemishes may affect the data acquired.
- Before autoclaving, always wrap the scanner tip in a cloth. If you autoclave an exposed scanner tip, it will leave stains on the mirror that will not come out. For more information, consult the autoclave's instruction manual.
- Clean, disinfected, and sterilized scanner tips must remain sterile until they are used on a patient.
- Medit is not liable for any damage, such as scanner tip distortion, that occurs during cleaning, disinfection, or sterilization operations that do not adhere to the above-mentioned guidelines.
Impurities or smudges on the scanner tip mirror can result in poor scan quality and an overall poor scanning experience. In such cases, clean the mirror by following the steps outlined below:
1. Remove the scanner tip from the scanner
2. Use a clean cloth or a cotton-tipped swab dipped in alcohol to wipe the mirror clean. If you don't use pure alcohol, the mirror may stain. Ethanol or propanol (ethyl/propyl alcohol) are both acceptable options.
3. Using a dry, lint-free cloth, wipe the mirror dry.
4. Examine the mirror for dust and fibers. Repeat the cleaning procedure as needed.
After use on the patient, clean and disinfect all other surfaces of the i700 scanner except the scanner front (optical window) and end (air vent hole). Cleaning and disinfecting must be done while the device is turned off. Only use the device after it has completely dried.
- Denatured alcohol (ethyl alcohol or ethanol) — typically 60–70% Alc/Vol — is the recommended cleaning and disinfecting solution.
The following are the general cleaning and disinfecting procedures:
1. Turn off the device using the power button.
2. Disconnect the cable from the scanner.
3. Clean the filter from the front end of the scanner.
- If alcohol is poured directly into the filter, it may seep inside the scanner and cause a malfunction.
- Do not clean the filter by pouring alcohol or cleaning solution directly into the filter. The filter should be gently wiped down with alcohol-soaked cotton or a soft cloth. Do not wipe with your hands or use excessive force.
- Medit is not liable for any damage or malfunction that occurs during cleaning that does not adhere to the above-mentioned guidelines.
4. Put the cover on the front of the scanner after cleaning the filter.
5. Apply the disinfectant to a soft, lint-free, nonabrasive cloth.
6. Use the cloth to clean the scanner's surface.
7. Use a clean, dry, lint-free, non-abrasive cloth to dry the surface.
- When the scanner is turned on, do not clean it because the fluid may enter the scanner and cause it to malfunction.
- Use the device after it is completely dry.
- The use of products other than the recommended cleaning/disinfectants may cause chemical cracks on the surface of the product.
- Using a soft, lint-free, non-abrasive cloth, apply the cleaning and disinfecting solution.
- Wipe the surface of the component with the cloth.
- Using a clean, dry, lint-free, and non-abrasive cloth, dry the surface.
- Chemical cracks may appear if improper cleaning and disinfecting solutions are used during cleaning.