This mode allows to align prosthesis data with CAD and scan data of prepared teeth.
- Align data using the Align Milled Prosthesis and CAD Data feature.
- If needed, try using other alignment options, such as Align with Selected Area.
- Re-assign data: re-select target and reference data for alignment.
- Align milled prosthesis and CAD data: aligns milled prosthesis and CAD data.
💡 Note that you have to have CAD data for the data to be aligned.
- Align with selected area: performs alignment of reference and target data only within a selected area.
💡 The following tools appear when you work with the Align with Selected Area function.
▪︎Smart teeth selection: automatically selects all teeth of the arch leaving out gingiva parts.
▪︎Smart single tooth selection: automatically selects the area of a single tooth leaving out gingiva parts. Press and drag the mouse on the tooth.
▪︎Polyline selection: selects all entities within a polyline shape drawn on the screen.
▪︎Brush selection: selects all entities on a freehand drawn path on the screen. Only the front face will be selected. The brush comes in three different sizes.
▪︎Selection/deselection: when on, deselects the area using various tools.
▪︎Clear all selection: clears all selected areas.
- Detach data: detaches the aligned data and takes it to the original position.
💡 Note that detaching the data after performing actions on it (such as creating measurement results or section lines) will delete all of them.
❏ About data assignment
- Assign "Prepared Teeth" for intraoral data such as maxilla, mandible, and prepared teeth.
- Assign "CAD" for CAD data.
- After scanning it, assign "Milled Prosthesis" for the data of crown or bridges.
- Click Confirm.
❏ About data alignment
The Align with Selected Area tool allows to select the specific part of the data you would like to align. Use the selection tools to mark the area on both target and reference data.
- If you would like to select one or several teeth easily, try using Smart Single Tooth Selection tool.
- If the data you are working on was acquired via scanning in Medit Scan for Clinics, Smart Teeth Selection is a great tool to select all teeth of the arch leaving out the soft tissue data.