The Margin Line Creation feature allows users to create a margin line using the Auto Creation, Manual Creation, and Edit functions. Created margin lines can be saved and sent to partners when placing an order.
1. Click the Margin line creation button on the tool section.
💡The following list shows the form information types available under the Margin Line creation feature. The form information needs to be filled out in order to use the margin line creation feature.
- Post & core
2. According to the tooth number shown at the bottom of the screen, define the region for the selected tooth, and click Confirm.
- Tooth number: shows all treatment teeth based on the form information.
- Polyline: Selects all entities within a polyline shape drawn on the screen.
- Circle: selects all entities within a circular area.
- Deselection by tools: Deselects areas using selection tools.
- Selection by tools: Selects areas using selection tools.
- Clear all areas: Clears all selected areas.
- Confirm: complete the selection.
3. For the selected area, the system will generate a temporary result through the merging process.
4. After the merging process, you will be able to create a margin line using the Auto/Manual Creation, and edit/delete it as well.
(a) Auto creation: creates a margin line automatically according to selected guiding points. It is recommended to choose at least 4 points in the direction of buccal, lingual, mesial and distal sides along with the margin line. You can mark more points using the left mouse button.
(b) Manual creation: creates a margin line manually based on selected points. Along with the margin line, mark the points to connect the margin line using the left mouse button. If you move the mouse while holding down the left mouse button, you can make subtle adjustments for the marked points. Once you reach and click the starting point, the margin line is complete.
(c) Edit: you can add, delete or move marking points.
- Click the left mouse button: adds a marking point.
- Click the right mouse button: deletes the marking point.
- Drag the mouse while holding down the left mouse button: moves the point.
- Holding down the left mouse button for about 1 second, and then dragging the mouse (or drag the mouse while holding down the left mouse button with the CTRL key): moves the control point on the cross-section
(d) Delete: deletes the margin line.
(e) Confirm: completes the margin line creation.
5. If you've created a margin line for the wrong tooth, you can correct the tooth number. Click on the tooth number in the model view.
- Select the right tooth number from the suggested list.
6. Depending on the scan data quality, a margin line may be improperly created such as the example in the image below. In this case, it is recommended to delete the margin line and recreate a new one.