The Margin Line Creation feature allows users to create a margin line using Auto Creation, Manual Creation, and Edit. Created margin lines can be saved and sent to partners when placing an order.
1. Click the Margin line creation button on the tool section.
[Useful tip] Available features per a form information
The following list shows when the Abutment Library, Scanbody Library, and Margin Line feature are available, depending on a Medit Link's form information type. Make sure that the form information is filled out to use the margin line creation feature.
- Inlay: Abutment library, Margin line
- Onlay: Abutment library, Margin line
- Crown: Abutment library, Margin line
- Coping: Abutment library, Margin line
- Denture coping: Abutment library
- Implant crown: Abutment library, Scanbody library
- Veneer: Abutment library, Margin line
- Custom abutment: Abutment library, Scanbody library
- Pontic: Abutment library
- Post & core: Abutment library, Scanbody library, Margin line
- Surgical guide: Abutment library
- Bite splint: Abutment library
2. According to the tooth number shown on the bottom of the screen, define the region for the selected tooth, and click Confirm.
- Tooth number: shows all the treatment teeth based on the form information.
- Polyline: Selects all entities within a polyline shape drawn on the screen.
- Circle: selects all entities within a circular area.
- Deselection by tools: Deselects areas using selection tools.
- Selection by tools: Selects areas using selection tools.
- Clear all areas: Clears all the selected areas.
- Confirm: complete the selection.
3. For the selected area, the system will generate the temporary result through the merging process.
4. After the merging process, you can create a margin line using Auto/Manual Creation, and edit/delete it as well.
(a) Auto creation: creates a margin line automatically according to selected guiding points. It is recommended to choose at least 4 points in the direction of buccal, lingual, mesial and distal sides along with the margin line. You can mark more points using the left mouse button.
(b) Manual creation: creates a margin line manually based on selected points. Along with the margin line, mark the points to connect the margin line using the left mouse button. If you move the mouse while holding down the left mouse button, you can make subtle adjustment of the marked points. Once you reach and click the starting point, the margin line is complete.
(c) Edit: you can add, delete or move marking points.
- Click the left mouse button: add a marking point.
- Click the right mouse button: delete the marking point.
- Drag the mouse while holding down the left mouse button: moves the point.
- Holding down the left mouse button and wait for about 1 second, and then drag the mouse (or drag the mouse while holding down the left mouse button with the CRTL key): moves the control point on the cross section
(d) Delete: deletes the margin line.
(e) Confirm: completes the margin line creation.
5. If you've created a margin line for a wrong tooth, you can correct the tooth number. Click on the tooth number in the model view.
- Select the right tooth number from the suggested list.
6. Depending on scan data quality, a margin line might be created similar to the below image. In this case, it is recommend to delete it and recreate a new one.