❏ Show scanning information
- Scan time: displays the scan time by each stage or the total scan time.
- Scan number: displays the number of scan images taken during each stage or the whole process.
- Scan speed: displays the current scan speed.
❏ Start automatic scan
- You can configure whether the system automatically starts scan.
- If this option is enabled, when the tip is getting close to teeth, the system automatically starts acquiring scan images. Conversely, if the tip is getting away from the scan area, the system stop scanning.
- If this option is disabled, starting or stopping scan is manually performed by the button on the device.
❏ Audio feedback
- Indicates a device status through different sound effects.
❏ Change sound
(1) Add to list: You can add various audio files to the list. (available formats: .wav, .mp3, and .wma.)
(2) Play: Plays a selected audio file.
For scanning sound, the following options are additionally available
(3) Shuffle: Each time iScan starts scan, the audio effect for scanning is randomly picked from the list.
(4) Volume for lost tacking: Changes the volume of the audio effect for alignment failure.
❏ Auto backup
- Saves the current work temporarily.
- The backup data will be used for recovery if the program is unexpected terminated without saving.
❏ Send anonymous usage statistics
- You can select whether to anonymously send usage statistics to Medit.
💡About collection of anonymous statistics
- Medit is striving to constantly improve the product and user experience by collecting certain information as the following:
: Hardware and software configuration such as OS, graphics card, etc.
: Patterns and trends in how our software is used, such as frequency and performance
: Diagnostic information
- The usage statistics will help the development team better understand user requirements and make improvements in future release.
- We will never collect personal information such as your name, company name, MAC address, or any other information related to personal identification.
- We cannot and will not reverse-engineer any collected data to find specific details concerning your projects.
❏ Drawing quality
- Changes the visual quality of scan data shown on the screen.
- This option affects only the quality of scan data shown on the screen, not the final result or the scan data accuracy
- If the option is set to "High", it may affect the overall scanning performance.
❏ Adjust color texture
- Adjusts the brightness of 3D model.
- The color of 3D model is optimized for the i500 image acquisition software. When viewing data using other software, the resulting colors may be slightly different from the i500 image acquisition software.
❏ Calibration period (days)
- Sets the calibration period of i500.
❏ Always scan with HD scan
- Always starts the scan in HD mode.
❏ Scan light
- The blue light is generally applied to most cases.
- When scanning metal or there is bleeding(after the cord removal), using white light may help to acquire the data.
❏ Warning for external light (beta)
- The user will be notified by a warning when the intensity of external lights affects the scan.
❏ Reliability map color mode
- You can select the color for reliable data: blue or green.
❏ Scanner button double-click
- Defines the shortcut function executed by double-clicking the button of the handpiece.
- Function list
- Change the scan resolution (SD/HD): SD (standard resolution)↔︎ HD (high resolution)
- Change the scan depth (12/15/18/21): 12mm → 15mm → 18mm → 21mm
- Change model display mode: Texure on → Texture off → Reliability map
- Change the camera view: Auto view ↔︎ Fixed view,
- Change the scan light color: blue ↔︎ white
- Filtering: No filtering → Teeth + Gingiva → Teeth
- Optimize: commences the scan data alignment
- Undo: undoes the previous action.
❏ Use GPU
- Improves overall computing performance by using the GPU(graphics processing unit)
❏ Global soft tissue filtering
- Deletes the soft tissue globally.
- The deletion process is performed during scanning, moving to the next scan stage, or exiting scan stages. Therefore, if this feature is turned on, the transition time between scan stages is likely to take longer than when it is disabled; deleting the noise data requires additional processing time.
❏ Expand model control icons
- Adds the pan, zoom in/out, and zoom fit buttons to the side toolbar.
❏ File size
- This option enables you to control the size of result files.
- If you move the slider bar to the left, the file size of final results become less and the speed of post-processing increases.
- In general, smaller sized files are enough to be used in orthodontics.
❏ Surface roughness
- This option is for adjusting the surface roughness of final results.
- When the slider bar moves to the left, the surface roughness is less, and the result looks smoother
- Performs the calibration process.
- Restores all settings to default.