The Impression Scan function provides a seamless scanning process to combine intraoral scan data with impression scan data. You can easily merge the intraoral and impression scan data using the integrated scanning process.
 How to use
1. Turn on the Impression Scan mode by clicking the Impression Scan button.
2. Mark the area to replace the intraoral data with the impression scan data by using the selection tools which appear as command options.
- Marking a specific area is useful to prevent the scan data of the area from getting overwritten.
- You can skip the marking step. If you didn't mark any area, the whole intraoral scan data will be replaced by the impression data.
3. Scan the impression model for the marked area. The impression data will be aligned with the intraoral data automatically.
4. Editing the impression data
- When the impression data is taken, the undesired area needs to be removed before completing the case. For example, if the impression data is acquired like the image shown below, the undesired data from impression scanning needs to be removed.
- In the impression scan mode, select the area to remove by using the trimming tools.
- Delete the unnecessary area in the impression data.
- The final result will appear as shown in the image below.
 Command option detail
Brush: Selects all entities on a freehand-drawn path on the screen. The brush comes in 3 different sizes.
Polyline: Selects all entities within a polyline shape drawn on the screen.
Circle: Selects all entities within a circular area.
Clear Selected Areas: Clears areas selected by a drawn path. The brush comes in 3 different sizes.
Clear All Areas: Clears all selected areas.