What are the unique features and benefits of the Medit i500 scanner?
The Medit i500 has several unique features as an intraoral scanner and offers various benefits to users:
- The i500 uses triangulation technology to acquire 3D images. As such, unlike confocal microscopy that are used by most intraoral scanners, the i500 does not have any other moving parts except for the fan.
- The intelligent scan-detecting algorithm coupled with two high-speed cameras enables the i500 to acquire 3D images quickly and efficiently.
- The small tip allows the user to maneuver the scanner in a way minimizing patient's discomfort.
- Color texture: The user can inspect scanned data in detail by using the texture mode.
- The iScan program, an image acquisition program, seamlessly works with Medit Link so that the collaboration between clinic and lab or internal staffs can be improved.