How often should I calibrate the i500 scanner?
The calibration process is essential in producing precise 3D models. It is recommended to perform the calibration process periodically.
- Calibration is required when:
- The quality of the 3D model is not reliable or accurate as compared to previous results.
- Environmental conditions such as temperature have changed.
- Calibration period has expired.
- You can set the calibration period as detailed in Menu > Settings > Calibration Period(Days). The default calibration period is 14 days.
- The calibration panel is a delicate component. Do not touch the panel directly. When the calibration process is not performing properly, check the panel. If the calibration panel is contaminated, please contact your service provider.
- How to calibrate the i500
- Turn on the i500 and connect the device to the software.
- Run Calibration Wizard from Menu > Settings > Calibration.
- Prepare the calibration tool and the i500.
- If the scanner tip is attached, please remove it from the handpiece.
- Turn the dial of the calibration tool to the position (1).
- Remove the cover from the calibration tool and put the i500 handpiece into the calibration tool.
- Click Next to start the calibration process.
- When the handpiece is mounted in the correct position, the system will automatically acquire the data at position (1).
- Repeat the same for position (2) to position (8) and finally, (LAST).
- When data acquisition is completed at the (LAST) position, the system will automatically calculate and show the calibration results.