The Replicate Denture feature produces high-quality scan data of the maxillary and mandibular denture by scanning both the internal and external surfaces of the denture.
1. Select Project type > Replicate denture and enter the required information for the job setting to scan the model. If occlusion data is needed, choose the occlusion scan option. However, for this case, we will be only scanning the mandible. Click Save & Scan to set up the scan strategy.
2. Set the texture option in the scan strategy window. When it's enabled, the system captures color information and saves them in OBJ file format. If you don't enable it, the data will be saved in STL format. Click Confirm to proceed with scanning.
3. Before scanning the denture, apply the scan spray to reduce the reflection. Make sure to use scan sprays which do not contain harmful ingredients as the dentures are worn by the patient.
4. Mount the denture onto the flexible multi-die and insert it into the scanner. Click Next to set the scan depth. Click and drag the blue arrow to set the scan depth and click Confirm to scan it.
5. Once the scan is complete, check the scan data if it requires additional scanning. You can Add Scans for areas which require more scan data.
6. Move to the next step, which is scanning the interior of the denture. Place the denture upside down in the flexible multi-die and insert it into the scanner. Click Next to set the scan depth and repeat the steps above. Once the scan is complete, check the scan data if it requires additional scanning. You can Add Scans for areas which require more scan data.
7. Let's align the exterior of the denture with the interior by using the automatic alignment or manual alignment method.
8. All scan data has been appropriately aligned. Move to the editing step to remove unnecessary data.
9. Select the unnecessary areas and delete them by using the editing tools. Click Next to begin the merging process.
10. Check the merged data. Click Exit to save the data and exit the program.