The calibration process is essential in producing precise 3D models. It is recommended to perform the calibration process periodically.
Calibration is required when:
- The quality of the 3D model is not reliable or accurate as compared to previous results.
- Calibration period has expired.
1. Start colLab Scan and click the Calibration button at the bottom left of the screen.
2. Check the serial number of the calibration panel and select the corresponding PNL file in the calibration window.
- If you cannot find the corresponding PNL file in the list, click the [...] button to register the PNL file which has been saved in your computer. Click the Confirm button, and the scanner will automatically begin the calibration process.
- If you don't have the PNL file for your T-series scanner, select Barcode and click the Confirm button. The scanner will automatically scan the barcode and start downloading the PNL file online. Once the download is complete, the scanner will proceed with the calibration process. Make sure that your computer is online to complete the process.
- If you have a model which precedes the T-series, select Input the number and enter the serial number found on the bottom of the calibration panel. Click the Confirm button and the system will begin downloading the corresponding PNL file online. Once the download is complete, the calibration process will begin. Make sure that your computer is online to complete the process.
3. You can set the calibration period in the calibration window. The default calibration period is set to 30 days.
- When the calibration period expires, the calibration icon will appear in red.