The Export feature allows you to export scan files in various formats: OBJ, PLY, STL.
1. Go to Case Box.
2. Select the case that you wish to export files from.
3. Click the Export button.
4. According to your export setup in Settings, the scan files are exported in a selected format and saved to the chosen storage location.
5. The changes you made will be effective immediately without restarting the application.
❏ Useful information
If you enabled the feature Settings > Set Export Option > Always ask you each time you export, every time you export, the system will ask you whether to use the current settings.
(1) CAD program for which you want to use your exported data.
- CAD program options: exocad, 3shape, Maestro, Kuzler, and DWOS.
- Exported files will be compatible with the 3D axis of a program you chose.(It does not mean that the program has been integrated.)
💡 If the program is set to exocad, a dentalProject file is automatically created when exporting a case.
(2) Export File to
: Choose a storage location for exported files.
(3) Preferred Mesh Format
: Choose your preferred mesh format: OBJ(color data), STL (grayscale), PLY
: You can choose multiple formats. If you do so, the program will export scan files by multiple formats to the designated storage location.
(4) Combine Individual Mesh
: You can select whether to combine scanbodies with jaw data or export them individually.
: If the option is disabled, scanbody and jaw will be exported separately.
: If the option is enabled, the following data will be combined.
- Scanbody and its jaw data
- Abutment and its jaw data
- Occlusion data
(5) Always ask you each time you export
: Every time you export, the system will ask you whether to use the current settings.