1. Enter form information into Case Box and click Scan to launch iScan.
2. The scanbody icon will appear in the scan process. If the abutment is for the mandible, the icon will appear right next to the mandible icon. Likewise, if the abutment is for the maxilla, the icon would appear after the mandible scan step. In this case, the scanbody icon appears after the mandible scan step according to the form information.
3. Proceed to scan the maxilla and the mandible, ensuring that the emergence profile is well-scanned.
4. After scanning the maxilla and the mandible, you will need to place the scanbody into the patient's oral cavity. It is important that the unique shape of the scanbody faces the lingual or buccal side because it will make the scanbody matching process easier later on in exocad. Move to the scanbody scan step.
5. Select an adjacent tooth which looks clear and which has already been scanned. You should not choose a tooth which was not scanned in the previous mandible(maxilla) scan stage because the system will not be able to recognize the tooth as a reference. Start scanning from the chosen tooth to the scanbody and the live view screen will show the scanbody data together with the previously scanned data.
- Make sure that the scanbody is scanned together with the adjacent teeth and gingiva that were previously scanned. This is because the system can only obtain the scanbody's location when the previously scanned teeth and gingiva overlaps with the scanbody data.
6. Displace the scanbody from the patient's oral cavity and proceed to the occlusion scan step. When the scan is complete, click the complete button to choose the option to Fill Holes.
7. Check the scan data from the Case Detail screen.