Medit Scan for Clinics is an image acquisition software for the i500 scanner and should be installed on the PC that you're going to connect the i500 scanner to.
 Checklist before installing the Medit Link application
Make sure to check the following before installing the Medit Link application.
- Ensure your Windows system and device drivers are all up-to-date.
- Since the Medit Scan for Clinics program is included in the Medit Link program, the installation will not proceed if the i500 device is connected to the computer.
⚠️Make sure the i500's USB 3.0 cable is disconnected from the computer before installation.
 Installation guide
1. Prepare the Medit Link installer file.
- The Medit Link installer is in the USB flash drive enclosed in the i500 package.
- Alternatively, you can also download the installer file from www.meditlink.com. Log in to the Medit Link website and click the Download Medit Link button at the bottom left of the screen.
2. Run the Medit Link installer: Medit_Link_X.X.X.X.exe.
3. Select your preferred language.
5. The installation is an automatic process, which takes a few minutes. Please wait until the installation is complete and do not turn off the computer during the installation.
6. After installation is complete, you need to restart the computer to use the Medit Scan for Clinics program, which was installed with Medit Link. There is no need to restart the computer if you are not using an i500 scanner.
 Power options for using the i500
1. Go to Control Panel > All Control Panel Items > Power Options > Change advanced power settings > USB settings.
- Disable USB selective suspend setting for both: On battery and Plugged in.
2. Go to Control Panel > All Control Panel Items > Power Options > System Settings
- Select Do nothing when the lid is closed for both: On battery and Plugged in.