1. Scanning Bar structure, a new implant type of exocad, is available in colLab Scan. Since the gingiva scan data is important, there are two scan steps for this implant in colLab Scan. The first is scanning the model without the bar structure, and the second is scanning it with the bar structure.
Choose Bar structure in exocad DentalDB and launch the colLab Scan program. In this case, we will be scanning the maxillary implant bar case.
2. Information entered into exocad DentalDB is loaded. Select Scan model type > Model, Preparation teeth > Base for the maxilla and click Confirm to proceed to scan.
3. Let's scan the base model first without the bar. Insert the model into the scanner and click Next to set the scan depth. Click and drag the blue arrow to set the scan depth and click Confirm to start scanning it.
4. Once the scanning of the base model is complete, rotate the scan data to check if it requires additional scans. You can Add Scans for areas which require more scan data. Click Next to move to the next step.
5. Next, place the base model with the bar on the flexible multi-die. Insert it into the scanner and click Next to begin scanning. Once scanning is complete, rotate the scan data to check if it requires additional scans. You can Add Scans for areas which require more scan data. Click Next to move to the alignment stage.
6. Align the bar mounted base model to the base model without the bar by using the automatic alignment or manual alignment method.
7. All the scan data has been aligned. Inspect the results to check if edits are required. Click Next to begin the merging process. Once merging is complete, click Exit to save the scan data and exit the program.