1. Select Project type > Standard, Basic structure > Bar pillar, and Gingiva scan > Yes for the bar pillar teeth. Set up the Bar segment and click Save & Scan to set up the scan strategy.
2. Select Scan model type > Model and Scanbody and base model > Together. Click Confirm to proceed with scanning.
3. Scan the lower base model with scanbodies. Insert the base model into the scanner and click Next to set the scan depth. Click and drag the blue arrow to set the scan depth and click Confirm to begin scanning.
4. Scanning is complete. Rotate the scan data to check if it requires additional scanning. You can Add Scans for areas which require more scan data. Click Next to move to the scanbody step.
5. The scan data has been copied from the previous step to the scanbody step. In order for the system to be able to identify scanbodies, we will need to delete other scan data except for the scanbodies. Delete the other areas by using the editing tools and click Next.
6. Next, scan the lower base model with the gingiva scan step. Insert the base model into the scanner and repeat the steps above.
7. Scanning is complete. Rotate the scan data to check if it requires additional scanning. You can Add Scans for areas which require more scan data. Click Next to move to the alignment stage.
8. Align the scanbody mounted base model and the gingiva scan data by using the automatic alignment or manual alignment method. In this case, we will be using the 3 points alignment method.
- Mark 3 alignment points on the base model and the gingiva model respectively.
9. Alignment has been completed. Check the scan data to ensure that they have been accurately aligned. Click Next to move on to the editing step.
10. Select the unnecessary area and delete it by using the editing tools. Click Next to begin merging.
11. Merging is complete. Click Exit to save the data and exit the program.