1. Select Project type > Orthodontic and select the model to scan. In this case, we will be scanning both the maxilla and mandible. Enter the required information for the job setting to scan the model and click Save & Scan to set up the scan strategy.
2. Select Occlusion scan type > Etc. Click Confirm to proceed with scanning.
3. Let's scan the upper jaw first. Insert the flexible multi-die into the scanner and click Next to set the scan depth. Click and drag the blue arrow to set the scan depth and click Confirm to begin scanning.
4. The scanning of the upper base is complete. Rotate the scan data to check if it requires additional scanning. You can Add Scans for areas which require more scan data. However, additional scans are unnecessary in most cases.
5. Let's move to the lower base and repeat the steps above.
6. For the occlusion scan, place the maxilla and mandible on the scanner and click Auto Scan or Next. When the occlusion scan is done, click Next to proceed to the alignment stage.
7. Let's align the upper jaw scan data onto the occlusion scan data by using the automatic alignment or manual alignment method. In this case, we will be using the 1 point alignment method.
- Mark an alignment point on the upper base model and the occlusion respectively.
8. Align the lower jaw scan data to the occlusion scan data by using the 1 point alignment method as well.
9. All scan data has been properly aligned. We will now move to the editing step.
10. Select the undesired data areas and delete them by using the editing tools.
11. Begin the merging process. Once merging is complete, click Exit to save the data and exit the program.