1. Enter the required information for the job setting to scan the model and click Save & Scan to set up the scan strategy.
2. For the upper base model, use the Multi-die feature. Choose Multi-die and click Confirm to proceed to scan.
3. Insert the upper base model into the scanner and click Next to set the scan depth. Click and drag the blue arrow to set the scan depth and click Confirm to start scanning.
4. Scanning of the upper base is complete. Rotate the scan data to check if additional scanning is required. You can Add Scans for areas which require more scan data.
5. Mark the tooth by clicking the corresponding tooth according to the tooth number shown in the top left corner of the window. Complete for all the teeth and click Confirm.
6. colLab Scan shows a guide image on how to set the prepared teeth on the multi-die. Set up the teeth on the multi-die according to the guide image. Click Auto Scan.
7. Scanning of the multi-die is complete. Inspect the scan data to check that it is good to go without additional scans. Click Next to move to the next stage.
8. Place the wax-up teeth onto the upper base model and mount it on the scanner. Click Auto Scan or Next.
9. After the scanning of the wax-up is complete, check the scan data to see if additional scans are required. If so, adjust the view angle so that the area appears on the screen and click Add Scan.
10. Align the prepared teeth scan data and the base model scan data by using the automatic alignment or manual alignment method. In this case, we will be using the 1-point alignment method.
- Mark an alignment point on the prepared tooth and the base model respectively.
- Repeat for all the prepared teeth.
11. To align the prepared teeth and wax-up scan data, we will use the "1 point" alignment as shown above. Check the data when alignment is complete.
12. All scan data has been aligned properly. Move to the editing step to remove the unnecessary scan data.
13. Select the undesired data area and delete it by using editing tools. Click Next to begin merging.
14. Once merging is complete, check the merged data. Click Exit to save the data and exit the program.