- New project: creates a new job
- Load: loads an existing file.
- Import: imports a [.dentalproject] type file.
- Scan: starts scan.
(2) Project type
- Standard: scanning without using the multi-die.
- Multi-die: scanning a model using the multi-die.
- Flexible Multi-die: scanning with the flexible multi-die.
- Orthodontic: scanning an orthodontic model.
- Replica denture: acquiring the inner and outer surface of a denture for replication.
(3) Job setup
❏ Select tooth type > Anatomic
- Anatomic crown: a full contour crown.
- Pressed crown: a two-part restoration, in which an anatomic coping is the base layer(framework) and the second part of which gives final form to a restoration.
- Provisional crown: a temporary crown that has preoperative tooth as the outer shape and provisional shape as the inner shape.
- Preform crown: setup for the use of non-standard milling blanks which provides quick milling times.
- Anatomic pontic: a full contour pontic. Pontics are automatically connected to adjacent restorations of the same material.
- Pressed pontic: a two-part pontic consisting of a framework and full contour over-press part.
- Provisional pontic: a pontic connected to a provisional crown.
- Anatomic waxup: a full contour crown created from a full anatomic wax model over a prep.
- Pontic waxup: a full contour pontic obtained from an anatomic waxup over a missing or extracted tooth.
- Inlay/Onlay: an inlay or onlay with full anatomy.
- Veneer: a veneer restoration over a prepped tooth.
❏ Select tooth type > Frame
- Coping: a coping obtained from a full anatomic shape and applied with cutback for porcelain.
- Offset coping: a simple coping with a fixed thickness.
- Reduced pontic: a pontic obtained from a full anatomic shape and applied with cutback for porcelain.
- Reduced waxup: a framework obtained from an anatomic wax model a with cutback for porcelain.
- Offset inlay: a framework for an inlay with a fixed thickness.
❏ Select tooth type > Basic structure
- Bar pillar: the part of a bar which the abutment or implants are connected to.
- Bar segment: bars connecting the pillars.
- Attachment: a retention device for a removable denture.
- Telescopic crown: the inner copping that allows a tilted tooth to fit into the outer crown.
❏ Select tooth type > Bite splint
- Bite splint: a device to correct bites (e.g. custom night-guards, sports-guards)
- Bite splint (missing): a missing tooth part of a bite splint.
- Full denture: a denture device for an edentulous case.
❏ Select tooth type > Etc.
- Antagonist: the tooth in the opposite arch against which a restoration occludes.
- Adjacent tooth: teeth that are next to a restoration in the same arch.
- Missing tooth: teeth that are no longer existing and that need to be denoted when creating a bridge.
❏ Select tooth type > Implant type
- None: implants not required.
- Custom abutment: A custom abutment will be used.
- Custom abutment manual positioning: A custom abutment will be used and manually positioned.
- Screw-retained: A screw-retained construction will be used.
- Screw-retained manual positioning: A screw-retained construction will be used and manually positioned.
❏ Select tooth type > Pre-op scan
- Pre-op scan: The preoperative model is available for a case.
❏ Select tooth type > Gingiva scan
- Gingiva: scans the gingiva separately.
❏ Option > Articulator type
- None: antagonist setup not required.
- Plate: scan using the articulator plate.
- Etc.: scan using a normal jig without the articulator plate.
- ARTEX: scan using an ARTEX or KAS jig and the articulator plate.
- KaVo: scan using a KaVo or KAS jig and the articulator plate.
- SAM: scan using a SAM or KAS jig and the articulator plate.
- Mark330: scan using a Mark330 jig and the articulator plate.
- A7+: scan using a A7+ jig and the articulator plate.
💡KAS jig's compatible articulators and mounting plates
- Artex: articulator (CR), mounting plate (Amann Girrbach Splitex Counter Plates Classic)
- KaVo: articulator (PROTAR evo 2, 3, 5, 5B, 7, 9), mounting plate (KaVo PROTAR evo control plates)
- SAM: articulator (2P, 2PX, 3), mounting plate (SAM MPS mounting plates)
- Project ID: Enter the project ID.
- Clinic: Enter the clinic information.
- Patient: Enter patient information.
- Technician: Enter staff information for the current job.
- Memo: for remarks.