In most cases, Medit Scan for Clinics successfully aligns the maxilla and the mandible. However, if the case has a deep bite or has no distinctive shapes on the buccal side, the automatic alignment may sometimes be unsuccessful. In this case, you can complete the occlusal alignment using the Manual Alignment feature.
1. In the Occlusion scan stage, enable Manual alignment.
2. Mark a matching point on both the arch and the occlusal scan data.
- In general, 1 or 3 matching points are enough for the alignment, however you can mark as many matching points as you need.
❏ Command options
Remove marker point
- removes a selected marker point.
- detaches maxilla and moves it back to the pre-alignment position.
- detaches mandible and moves it back to the pre-alignment position.
Detach occlusion data
- detaches first and second occlusion data and moves it back to pre-alignment position.
- detaches all data and moves it back to the pre-alignment position.
- undoes the previous action.
- restores any actions that have been previously undone using an Undo.
- takes you to the previous step.