1. Perform the standard scanning strategy beginning from the occlusal surface to the lingual side and finally to the buccal side.
2. Check the scan data if you need to scan further for contact surface (Figure 1-1).
3. If you missed out anything, you will need to position the tip onto the area and scan the area to complete the data by adjusting the angle of the tip (Figure 1-2).
- Position the tip in an angle parallel to the axial direction of the tooth so that the tip faces the distal(mesial) surface.
- Maintain the tip at an angle parallel to the axial direction of the tooth and scan the distal(mesial) surface on the buccal side and the lingual side. This will reveal the distal(mesial) surface more clearly (Figure 1-3).