The calibration process is essential in order to produce precise 3D models. It is highly recommended that you perform the calibration process periodically.
Calibration is required when:
- The quality of the 3D model is not reliable or accurate as compared to previous results.
- Environmental conditions such as temperature have changed.
- The calibration period has expired.
: You can set the calibration period in Menu > Settings > Calibration Period(Days). The default calibration period is set to 14 days.
Precautions when performing calibration
- The calibration panel is a delicate component so you should not touch it directly. Should there be issues with the calibration process, check the panel first. If the calibration panel has been contaminated, please contact your service provider.
How to calibrate the i500
- Switch on the i500 and connect the device to the software.
- Run Calibration Wizard from Menu > Settings > Calibration.
- Prepare the calibration tool and the i500.
⚠️ If the scanner tip is mounted, please remove it from the handpiece.
- Turn the dial of the calibration tool to the position (1).
- Remove the cover from the calibration tool and put the i500 handpiece into the calibration tool.
- Click Next to start the calibration process.
- When the handpiece is mounted in the correct position, the system will automatically acquire the data at the position (1).
- Repeat the same for the position (2) to the position (8) and the (LAST) position.
- When the data acquisition is completed at the (LAST) position, the system will automatically calculate and show the results of the calibration.