The calibration process is essential in order to produce precise 3D models. It is highly recommended that you perform the calibration process periodically.
Calibration is required when:
- The quality of the 3D model is not reliable or accurate as compared to previous results.
- Environmental conditions such as temperature have changed.
- The calibration period has expired.
: You can set the calibration period in Menu > Settings > Calibration Period(Days). The default calibration period is set to 14 days.
Precautions when performing calibration
- The calibration panel is a delicate component so you should not touch it directly. Should there be issues with the calibration process, check the panel first. If the calibration panel has been contaminated, please contact your retailer.
- It is recommended to conduct the calibration on a regular basis. The default calibration period is set to 14 days.
How to calibrate the scanner
- Switch on the scanner, and connect the device to the software.
- Click the Calibration button on the bottom-left corner of the screen.
- Prepare the calibration tool and the scanner.
⚠️ If the scanner tip is mounted, please remove it from the handpiece.
- Turn the dial of the calibration tool to position (1).
- Remove the cover from the calibration tool and put the scanner handpiece into the calibration tool.
- Click Next to start the calibration process.
- If the device is not warmed up enough, the warm-up process will automatically start. Please wait until the warm-up process is complete.
- When the handpiece is mounted in the correct position, the system will automatically acquire the data at position (1).
- Repeat the same for the position (2) to position (8) and the (LAST) position.
- When the data acquisition is completed at the (LAST) position, the system will automatically calculate and show the result of the calibration.