Acquiring 3D Data
There are three ways to gather 3D data to use in Medit Splints:
1. Acquire scan data in Medit Scan for Clinics or Labs
Create a new case and complete the necessary scans in Medit Scan for Clinics or Labs.
Scan data will automatically be saved in the patient’s case in Medit Link.
2. Import local files through Medit Link
Before running the app, you can import data from local files and attach it to a Medit Link case in the Case Detail window.
3. Import local files through Medit Splints
After running the app, you can import 3D data from local files by clicking “Import Local
Files” in the Assign Data dialog window.
Supported file formats for imported data are meditMesh, OBJ, PLY, and STL.
To create a splint, use a single arch data or both maxilla and mandible data.
You can continue working on an existing project if you run Medit Splints from the same
3D Data Control
3D data control using a mouse:
|Scroll the mouse wheel.
|Double-click on the data.
|Double-click on the background.
|Right-click and drag.
|Hold both buttons (or wheel) and drag.
3D data control using a mouse and keyboard:
Saving 3D Data
There are three ways to complete your projects.
1. Click “Complete” to finish the project and save it to the Medit Link case.
2. Click “Next” in Label Mode to finish the project and save it to the Medit Link case.
3. Click “Menu” in the Title Bar and select Save As.
You will still have save options if you close the program by clicking “Exit.”