If you need to realign your scan data, use the tools provided in Alignment Mode.
💡If the section planes interfere with your work in this mode, use "Show/Hide Section View." It will save your Section View work while temporarily hiding section planes.
1. First, in the toolbox, select the alignment target. If you only imported one data set into the app, that data would be set as the target by default. Find your target data in the drop-down menu if you assigned more than one scan data to the maxilla and mandible.
2. Then, in the toolbox on the left, select one of two alignment options: Align Selected Areas or Manual Alignment.
💡Remember to use "Complete" if you want to save data alignment changes.
How to use Align Selected Areas
This tool allows you to align maxilla and mandible scans with occlusal ones based on the selected area.
1. First, choose "Align Selected Areas" in the toolbox.
2. To align data, select an area of the maxilla and mandible corresponding to the occlusal scan data. Choose among available section tools:
|Smart Teeth Selection
|Click it to automatically select all teeth data at once, excluding the gingiva.
|Smart Single Tooth Selection
|Select individual tooth data, excluding gingiva and other teeth data. Click and drag until only your target tooth data is selected.
|Click and drag to create a circular area; release to complete the selection of data within the circle.
|Selects areas within the polyline shape drawn on the screen. Left-click to draw the polyline shape and right-click to close the shape and finish the selection.
|Click and drag to select areas on the freehand-drawn path. Note that compared to polyline, only the visible surface will be selected.
3. The "Deselection Mode" toggle is used to correct the selected areas. It changes the effect of all selection tools to deselecting. You can also clear all your selections at once by clicking "Clear All Selections."
4. When the needed area is selected, click "Apply."
5. If you want to start over, click the initialization icon next to the Apply button.
6. After the data is aligned, you can turn on the Compensation toggle and adjust the compensation level.
Toolbox (Align Selected Areas)
Smart Teeth Selection
- Automatically select only the teeth in the arch, leaving out the gingiva area.
💡This function is only available for the scan data acquired by Medit Scan for Clinics with the "Use GPU" option on.
- Select all areas on a freehand-drawn path on the screen
- Only the front-facing side will be selected.
- The brush is available in three different sizes.
Smart Single Tooth Selection
- Automatically select the area of a single tooth, leaving out the gingiva area.
- Click and drag the mouse on the tooth.
- Select all entities within the circular area.
- Select all areas within a polyline shape drawn on the screen.
Clear All Selection
- Clear all selected areas.
- When on, it reverses the function of all selection tools.
How to use Manual Alignment
This tool allows you to align data based on the selected points.
1. First, choose Manual Alignment in the toolbox.
2. Use "Detach" features to move data to the pre-alignment position. Note that you can detach all data at once or one by one.
3. Then define 2 to 3 points on the maxilla and mandible and their corresponding points on the occlusion data. All points can be deleted using "Delete Alignment Points" in the toolbox.
4. When done, data will be automatically aligned. Successfully aligned data will be bright green.
5. After the data is aligned, you can turn on the "Compensation" toggle and adjust the occlusal compensation level.
Toolbox (Manual Alignment)
- Used to detach the maxilla and move it back to the pre-alignment position.
- Used to detach the mandible and move it back to the pre-alignment position.
Detach Occlusion Data
- Used detach first and second occlusion data and move them back to the pre-alignment position.
- Used to detach all data and move it back to the pre-alignment position.
Delete Alignment Points
- Remove the points selected for alignment.