Switch & Scan (⚠︎ Available only with i700 wireless)
The Switch & Scan feature allows you to connect a single scanner to two or more wireless hubs and switch between them. This feature allows you to move the scanner from room to room while connecting it to multiple wireless hubs in your dental clinic.
First, manually pair your scanner and wireless hub to register their device information. Unregistered scanners and wireless hubs cannot communicate, regardless of how strong the connection signal is.
How to use Switch & Scan
1. Before using the Switch & Scan feature, make sure your firmware is up to date. ➠ Software & Firmware Updates
2. If you connect to a new hub that has never connected to your scanner, you must manually pair the scanner to the new hub. ➠ Manual Pairing
💡 During the manual pairing process for Switch & Scan, you must select the Multiple Hubs option.
3. Make sure that both your scanner and the hub with which you want to connect are turned on. You can connect the scanner and the wireless hub even if Medit Scan for Clinics is not running.
4. Hold down the Control button for more than two seconds.
5. The scanner will briefly vibrate three times. That means you're ready to start using Switch & Scan.
💡If you press and hold the Control button in the center and the scanner does not produce three short vibrations, you may not have pressed the Control button correctly. Try again to press the exact center of the Control button.
6. When successfully connected to a wireless hub, the scanner emits a brief vibration.
7. Launch the program and begin scanning.
💡If you have multiple wireless hubs in an open workspace, the scanner may be connected to one of them instead of the one you want to connect to.
💡If you attempt to connect between two wireless hubs, the scanner may be connected to a hub other than the one to which you wish to connect.
💡If the scanner fails to connect, move closer to the wireless hub to which you want to connect and try again by pressing the Control button for more than two seconds.